A colocation center is a type of data centre where equipment, space, and bandwidth etc. are available for rental to service providers/retailers. Colocation facilities provide space, power, cooling, and physical security for the server, storage, and networking equipment of other firms and connect them to a variety of telecommunications and network service providers with a minimum of cost and complexity. Colocation has become a popular option for companies with midsize IT needs especially those in Internet related business because it allows the company to focus its IT staff on the actual work being done, instead of the logistical support needs which underlie the work.
NIX Colocation Services
– Building space with fire protection systems, Smoke detectors, Air conditioners
– Lockable typical server rack or cabinets
– Power in a variety of formats, AC and DC
– Physical security
– Real-time live monitoring of all these functions for failures
– 24/7 monitoring by engineers
The physical structure of NIX is housed in a secure and controlled environments. At these premises, organisations/ companies can connect to the infrastructure locally by a cross-connect between their equipment and the NIX patch panel using these facilities.
At present the following organisation are using the NIX Colocation services:
– Top Network.
– Creation Online.
Major types of colocation customers are:
– Internet service providers (ISPs)
– Web commerce companies, who use the facilities for a safe environment and cost-effective, redundant connections to the Internet – Major enterprises, who use the facility for disaster avoidance, offsite data backup and business continuity
– Telecommunication companies
– eCommerce sites, who use the facilities to house servers dedicated to processing secure transactions online